free website stats program Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Help

joko317

Have 2010 ultra limited.....k&n filter, Gutted head pipe, PCV, D&D slip ons....Took bike to HD shop for Dyno tune......Bike returned said " Runs great but could not tune all hesitation out of it because of Gutted header pipe. Needs better header pipe......still charged 370.00. Bike runs like junk.....driveability in the 2100 rpm to 3000 rpm range is terrible....bike stumbles in that rpm range......drove 60 miles one way to have this done.....Has anyone run into this also?.....and if asked, will name Harley shop who did this.......Also, tech asked me to call him when I got home and let him know how it ran.....needless to say...he was told in no uncertain terms how it ran.....Comment was "I was afraid you would say that..." sorry for the log post.....HELP!!!!!!

Have 2010 ultra limited.....k&n filter, Gutted head pipe, PCV, D&D slip ons....Took bike to HD shop for Dyno tune......Bike returned said " Runs great but could not tune all hesitation out of it because of Gutted header pipe. Needs better header pipe......still charged 370.00. Bike runs like junk.....driveability in the 2100 rpm to 3000 rpm range is terrible....bike stumbles in that rpm range......drove 60 miles one way to have this done.....Has anyone run into this also?.....and if asked, will name Harley shop who did this.......Also, tech asked me to call him when I got home and let him know how it ran.....needless to say...he was told in no uncertain terms how it ran.....Comment was "I was afraid you would say that..." sorry for the log post.....HELP!!!!!!

? for ya - Do you have the OEM header or is that the one you gutted? Reason I ask is if you have org. try putting it back on and then check if bike still stumbles.

Could be the settings of PCV?
I replaced my OEM headpipes with the CAt, with a set of 2009 headpipes and a GEN3. No hesitation, and the bike runs great

To answer both questions.....I bought the header pipe on Ebay and gutted it....my org. pipe is in the basement......would like to try 09 pipe but was looking to use money already spent....(Ebay pipe)

Gutted header pipe as in gutted cat? Do you still have a cross over pipe between the exhaust pipes. If yes to both, then...

Like was already mentioned,,, sounds like PCV settings.

Correct.....gutted cat.........getting pcv remapped as we speak......but I guess my question is Has anyone else run into this problem????...Thanks Again for the responses....

i have talked ot 3 people that gutted the cats, and no problems...they went with TFI ans SE tuner
I kept my 2010 headpipes intact just in case :s

Most likely your problem is the settings

Thanks again for your imput.....I think you are correct about the settings in the PCV.....
hopefully the shop that has it now can smooth it out......But i guess what makes me so mad is that the bike was not right but they still didnt have a problem in taking my money...expensive lesson learned.!!!!!!!!!

I have an 09 and it doesn't have the cat. I have the TFI, V&H mufflers and Ness AC. Runs great, no stumbles.
I bet it's the PCV map. Where did you buy the PCV from? You might want to call Fuel Moto. Even if you didn't buy the PCV from them, maybe they would send you a "goodwill" map to try out. Or maybe buy their stage 1 Ac and then see if they can send you a map. Just a few thoughts....

I have an 09 and it doesn't have the cat. I have the TFI, V&H mufflers and Ness AC. Runs great, no stumbles.
I bet it's the PCV map. Where did you buy the PCV from? You might want to call Fuel Moto. Even if you didn't buy the PCV from them, maybe they would send you a "goodwill" map to try out. Or maybe buy their stage 1 Ac and then see if they can send you a map. Just a few thoughts....

The 09's didn't have a cat in them......The PCV was from fuel moto....but was stumbling from the start....like at a red light or traffic.....so I thought a dyno run would cure it by fine tuning it.......you know the rest...

Back