free website stats program Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Help

BlinkerBlu

2007 ultra is my ride. The other day I was forced to do some fancy manuvers. When doing so my right foot peg hit a parked car. Not knowing if this has anything to do with the bumping on the right side of the bike, but, I have now discovered my turn signals don't work, my horn does not work and my cruise control is not working. I checked the fuses, they seem to be ok. So, before taking it to the dealer I thought I was ask you folks for any advise.:bigsmiley15:

Sounds like you may have damaged a spur on the wiring harness. You might want to run through the harnes on the underside of the bike to check.

I would check in the area where the contact was made for damage or pinched wires, possibly a separated connector.

You could use a 12V test light and start at the directional and trace the wire backwards towards the battery/ign switch. When you find where the break is the test light will light.

Last edited:
Can't find any damage or any pinched wires, wierd how things happen. Must be those road Grimlins. Will take it in tomorrow, thanks for your replys. Have a good day.

Can't find any damage or any pinched wires, wierd how things happen. Must be those road Grimlins. Will take it in tomorrow, thanks for your replys. Have a good day.

Good luck with that. Hope you don't have to refinance our home to get it fixed.

Well, got the beast back today. The Tech found 2 shorts, fixed them and charged the work to the warr. However, a oil change did cost me 70 bucks.:)

Back