free website stats program Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Help

careys1

I have a 2004 Ultra classic and have started to get a pinging sound. I run the 93 octaine and always have. You really don't hear the ping until you take off and the bike is under load. any help would be great.

I have a 2004 Ultra classic and have started to get a pinging sound. I run the 93 octaine and always have. You really don't hear the ping until you take off and the bike is under load. any help would be great.

What changes have you made to the bike prior to this problem developing?

TQ

Might be time to decarbonize your engine. Remove the air filter and fill a mister bottle with water and squirt a stream of water into the throttle body. Possibly use 5 or 6 oz. This will cause the carbon to losen up and blow out the exhaust. I do this at least once a season.
kemo

Might be time to decarbonize your engine. Remove the air filter and fill a mister bottle with water and squirt a stream of water into the throttle body. Possibly use 5 or 6 oz. This will cause the carbon to losen up and blow out the exhaust. I do this at least once a season.
kemo

Good point Kemo this works great, have been doing this for many years:D

Give it a little throttle when you spray the water to it. If that don't work then check out a TFI in the search at the top of this page.

Back