free website stats program Help!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help!!

Thank s Guys for the input
I did try to push the pistons in with a putty kinife earlier as well But I will try it agian this weekend
Thanks Again
Bill

Bill; Take the top off of the brake cylinder, it may help the pistons to go in if there is no pressure. A putty knife or screwdriver may scratch the rotor. I pull a wooden spring clip clothes pin apart and use the tapered ends as a wedge between the pads and disc, tap them in a little and wait, repeat. The pistons will go in eventually. BUT,, you may have the reverse problem when you get FAT new pads in the caliper. Should be ok, if pistons are fully in. :33:

I used a wood paint stirring stick to wedge between the rotor and old pad, then go progressive with putty knife and flat "dull" wood chisel...on the worn pad side...just stuff just lying around in my garage drawers.

Improvisation is the mother of invention...

Have not tried it on my 09 SG but on my cars I get the pads back a little then use a C clamp to push the piston. Will find out in a few months when I have to replace mine? On average how many miles do people get on pads?

Back