free website stats program Help! | Harley Davidson Forums

Help!

mrs2cool

A dear friend and neighbor does alot of work with his 3 classic cars. He also does alot of outside work detailing cars. About 3 years ago he branched out to do motorcycles,starting with my husband's and mine ( no charge)After the 1st time we told him don't use Armoral on the seats(he didn't know)for obvious reasons. Well this year he was so proud of himself - he found a product called "Back to Black" for leather and vinyl and surprised me when I got home from work yesterday with my shiney freshly detailed bike. He was sure this new product wouldn't make my seat slippery - WRONG. Now my new LePera seat is very shiney and very slick and I don't want to hurt his feelings especially since he still doesn't charge us since we have sent him many of our friends), but what can I use to clean my seat ? Also for future reference - what should be used on motorcycle seats?:unsure

I would just wash it of with soap and water. Dish soap or car wash soap. They don't stay slippery very long even if you don't wash 'em.

+1 for washing it, But you really should let him know how slippery it made the seat. If he's not a rider, he may not realize how dangerous that could be, and you wouldn't want that to happen to one of his other customers.
I'm sure you would be able to tell him tactfully.

Most any of the leather care products should take care of it. I like just Lexol on the leather. It preserves it and makes it look good without the slickness.

If I'm not mistaken the back to black has a wax in it too.

1+ for Lexol...it comes in a spray bottle, only need a little to not saturate leather, just protect and preserve.

I think I read somewhere about saddle soap for seats. Whould I use that to clean this "stuff" off my seat first or use soap & water and then the leather cleaning product? Where does one buy lexol? Thanks for all your quick responses. Unfortunately it is suposed to rain all week, so I guess I'll have plenty of time to solve my problem.:thanks

Assuming my seat is vinyl, is the lexol still a good treatment or is there something else I should use?

More of a cleaner than treatment on vinyl. Most seats are vinyl in the sitting area and leather on the sides or do I have that backwards ? :D

In any event, it can't hurt it.

I know a guy that was going on his first golf outing at work. He thought he'd clean up his clubs and at least make a good impression with them as he was not a golfer. He took Armorall to the grips!

Well, the first swing on the first hole tee box had his driver flying down the fairway and his golf ball still on the tee -- in front of everyone.

I won't use it on a steering wheel let alone a motorcycle seat! You should give him the heads-up on that so he doesn't do it to anyone else's bike.

Spoke to my friend/neighbor yesterday about the product he used on my seat :bigsmiley29:. Just explained, that all products that he uses on his classic cars are not necessarily good to use on a mototcyclye.He was glad I told him and wanted any input I could give him on the right porducts to detail a motorcycle. Slippery seat ( and tires) are dangerous to the person riding. He was very gracious and grateful that I told him how I felt. So we are still good friends, and he can "steal: my bike any time he wants to clean it.:newsmile100:

Back