free website stats program Help with truck problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Help with truck problem

trickydoc

aint nuthin about a scooter but I could use some help. just got a new to me 05 GMC 2500. my driver door seems to be out of adjustment. the gap from the bottom to the top is a lot narrower at the top than the bottom, and I get a lot of wind noise. are these doors adjustable? can't seem to find but one bolt that might be the adjustment bolt but not sure. anyone got any knowledge on this?

Got the same prob with my wifes 05 trailblazer but it was from backin into a poll with the door open so the kids could play in the drive way sure somthing like that didnt happen to the last owner

I don't own a truck but if it was a car...

With the door open, grab under the door at the outer most edge and try lifting it while someone watches the hinge area for play. You need to first determine if the door is sagging from hinge wear.

I don't own a truck but if it was a car...

With the door open, grab under the door at the outer most edge and try lifting it while someone watches the hinge area for play. You need to first determine if the door is sagging from hinge wear.

+1 hinge pins are real easy to replace if worn. If not reshim / adjust the door.

I will look tonight I have a 05 2500 HD, Under door adjustment in alldata it says to loosen hinge bolts on pillar. picture is not good enough to se # of bolts but it must be more. Gap should be .12 to .35 between door and rocker, door to roof .12 to .35, door to rear pillar .12 to .20, door to fender .16 to .24 surface of door flush with other panels.
Torque hinge bolts 26lbs, striker bolts 18lbs.

Hinges are worn that is a heavy door and a high wear item CertiFit check these guys for after market parts

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used a 2x4 under the door back corner and on top of the rocker panel to pry the door up, but make sure you put a 2x4 the flat way on the INSIDE bottom of the door so you don't bend the outside lip of the door. If the bushings ain't bad you gotta bend the door, a bodyman showed me that.

Thanks guys. after making my eyes bugg out looking for an adjustment, decided it didn't have one. thanks for the replys, think I'll try the 2x4 trick. the door seems tight, no bushing play.

Just looked at my truck the hinges are welded to the pillar and door. grab door at latch side and lift and se if thegood or worn outre is alot of play if so look at where the pins go through the two halfs of hing and check that the bushing is good. never had to do this style of pin that dose not just push out and go through all the way from top to bottom. If the bushing is worn all the way out and the hinge hole is oblonged out you will probly have to take to body shop to have hinge cut off and new installed.

Back