free website stats program Help with tie downs and storage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help with tie downs and storage

So are you pretty happy with it ? I just ordered the same one the reviews was great. Did you try adjust the front of the braket?

Its ok, the tire plates were a liitle sloppy, I added more washers to tighten the gaps. The rear plate is wide and I believe thats where the problem is. A wider tire like on a fat boy would work perfect. Got the straps working good now with minimal fork compression. Thanks for everyones input.

On another note, I had to bolt the chock down to my garage floor. Without bolting it down, it just skates across the floor before the tire gets in.

Lot of great advice here. I have a Condor wheel chock for my FLSTC that I use in the garage as well as in a trailer....it looks to be the same style as what you have. However, the chock will hold the bike up without straps. For extra security, I put the straps around the front lower forks, just above the wheel fender and apply enough tension to take the slack out of the tie-down straps (read snug). This keeps pressure off the handle bars as well as the suspension system. Just my two cents.

Your wheel choak seems to missing something. There should be a device behind the wheel that locks the wheel in place.

Back