free website stats program help with starting please | Harley Davidson Forums

help with starting please

eddy58

Hi and thanks in advance ! I am hoping to get some help my bike is a 96 roadking with 2002 drive line and electrical . the bike started perfect but now when ignition is turned on everything seams fine you hear the fuel pump kill switch works and everything , except when you hit the start button there is nothing no click no nothing any help on where to start testing would save me hrs of guessing thanks again in advance

just installed a brand new battery and all fuses are good can i bypass the electrical and jump the starter some how to rule that out ??

just installed a brand new battery and all fuses are good can i bypass the electrical and jump the starter some how to rule that out ??

Yes you can jump across the battery and green wire o the solenoid with the key on run switch on bike in nuetral

Many "new" batteries have actually been sitting around a long time prior to installation and fail the load test. It's a quick, simple test that gives you immediate peace of mind concerning your battery.

just wanted to say thanks for the help i ended up undoing and re tightening all my connections and starts like a dream
Thanks again

Excellent! Thanks for coming back with your fix and letting us know.

Last edited:
Back