free website stats program Help with Chrome Switch Housings | Harley Davidson Forums

Help with Chrome Switch Housings

Since I'm working with an 08 Road King I'll try here first. I've spent the last couple of hours searching the tech threads to no avail. I just bought the chrome switch housings and I am ready to install them but the directions are unclear. I was wondering if any one can give detailed info. And "GLIDER" if you read this I've been reading the posts here for the last month and have finally joined. I'm impressed with your knowledge around a Harley and any help you can give would be wonderful thanks:wall

Thanks for the kind words.

Here's something that you may find helpful with the housing replacement with what you can pick up from these posts.

08 Grip - Bar Replace Link 1

08 Grip - Bar Replace Link 2

Replacing Your Hand Grips - Harley Davidson Community

Chrome Switch Housing Install - Harley Davidson Community

The 08 procedure would only change with the throttle side from the previous years with the fly by wire setup.

The best advice I can give you is to make sure you get all the wires tucked securely into the new housings and reassemble the new housings holding them tightly in place to see if they join together completely before adding the screws that hold them together. Only after you assure they are completely together at the seams, then you add the screws while holding them in place with the other hand. This minimizes any pinched wires.

Glad you finally joined here with us.:D

I just changed my controls over to chrome switches. After quite a few frustrating hours I took the advice of many and purchased a service manual. The manual provides very clear and concise directions on the assembly of the controls. Block out quite a bit of time on your schedule and make sure the fridge is full of beer.

Back