free website stats program Help with air filter | Harley Davidson Forums

Help with air filter

chiefchef

HEY FOLKS
I have sportster with screaming eagles and was thinking of changing airfilter for cosmetic reasons mainly was thinking of Air Cleaner Filter for AC10 Harley EFI Twin Cam Spike I CAN NOT PUT UP LINK YET BUT SAW IT ON EBAY
as like the shape can anyone advise if its stupid move or a better type to aid my decision or should i leave well enough alone thanks for input:small3d028: oh yee the wise:small3d028:

HEY FOLKS
I have sportster with screaming eagles and was thinking of changing airfilter for cosmetic reasons mainly was thinking of Air Cleaner Filter for AC10 Harley EFI Twin Cam Spike I CAN NOT PUT UP LINK YET BUT SAW IT ON EBAY
as like the shape can anyone advise if its stupid move or a better type to aid my decision or should i leave well enough alone thanks for input:small3d028: oh yee the wise:small3d028:

01 carbed Sporty? Are you rejetted yet? May want to think on that if you change the air flow CV Carb Rejet Pics - Harley Davidson Community

Most owners of HD motorcycles adjust them to their own taste fitting an air cleaner that you like the look of is fine just ensure you get the carb jetting correct as it should flow more air than a stock air cleaner

Brian

Air cleaner is fairly simple to replace once you have the main cover off pull off the air cleaner then there are 3 hollow bolts that go into the heads and 3 that secure the air cleaner back plate to the carb watch the orientation of the gasket between the carb and the back plate

to replace the jets you will need to know what you have in the first place drop the float bowl and check the jet sizes i find it easier to remove the carb and work on the bench
float bowl screws can be a bit of a pest to get off if they have been on for a while best to replace them with allen headed screws

Brian

Back