free website stats program HELP! Turn signal relocation | Harley Davidson Forums

HELP! Turn signal relocation

Nikko684

I Need help guys! Right now I have the rear end of my scoot in pieces on the garage floor, lol. I bought the HD Lay down license plate kit with turn signal relocation bar. PN 60215-06. It says to remover the terminals from the connector so I can pull the cord through, it came with new terminals to install. Basicly I need a picture by picture image on how to remove the terminals!! HELP please lol. I don't want to break the plastic connectors.

Thanks Don, but no, I have the instructions. They just weren't very clear on how to remove the metal pin terminals from the plastic connectors. I figured it out tho finally. Now I have to hard mount my bags. The turn signals are working just fine thank god. I had to cut the connectors off then re crimp new terminals on the wires but wasn't sure how. I spent a lot of time on youtube to figure it out. I'm good now though. thanks again!

Ok so I got it all installed. I freaked out for a second because after I put everything together, the left turn signal wasn't working. After about 2 hours of troubleshooting, I discovered that me, being a dummy, flipped the positive and negative connections.....so a quick swap and all was well. woohoo. So I will post a picture either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Glad you got her fixed. Patience is a must for electrical. If you have a factory service manual there is usually a section on the different connectors for pin/socket removal from the housings. However HD saw fit somewhere along the line to make a separate manual just for Electrical. I've had to buy a couple myself.
tourbox

In the future, most pins can be backed out of the connector by using a very thin flat spade (like a paper clip that has been hammered flat) and pushing against the metal tab on the pin. When the tab is pushed down the pin should come out very easily. Saves on cutting the wires.

In the future, most pins can be backed out of the connector by using a very thin flat spade (like a paper clip that has been hammered flat) and pushing against the metal tab on the pin. When the tab is pushed down the pin should come out very easily. Saves on cutting the wires.

Yeah that's what I ended up doing, except instead of a paper clip, I just so happened to have a set of mini screwdrivers for electronics repair (I sometimes work on computers and I used to mod video game systems) So once I discovered how to do it, I used a mini flathead screwdriver to get the job done.

Attachments

• 20131218_192804.jpg
    20131218_192804.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20131218_192816.jpg
    20131218_192816.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 26
  • 20131219_101751.jpg
    20131219_101751.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 28
Good looking job, did you use some dilectric grease on the connections for the wires?

Good looking job, did you use some dilectric grease on the connections for the wires?

Thanks. No not fresh anyway. Apparently someone left an extra glob of it in there behind the tail light tucked away in a little alcove, no not another electrical connection, just an empty alcove. So I used it.

P.S. Note the can of pledge in the background of the second image ;P

Back