free website stats program HELP!!! Remaping/PCV with Python 3 slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

HELP!!! Remaping/PCV with Python 3 slip ons

Hello. I recently installed Python 3 slip on mufflers on my 2012 FXDC. Since then I have noticed a bunch of "racket" on deceleration. It sounds like gargling with the occassional back fire. I'm not sure how big the baffles are in the pipes. I'm thinking 2" or more. It also seems to have lost some get up and go. I havent noticed any change in exhaust temp. If anything I would say it is cooler but that could be a change in weather.

My question is; what should I do to improve my bikes performance? I bought a PCV and waiting for it in the mail but I noticed there were no maps that matched my set up. The guy at fuel moto didn't even ask me what set up was on my bike when I ordered. I insisted on telling him and he said it shouldn't matter. Weird???

Would me installing a performance air cleaner in conjunction with the closest map avaliable help or hurt? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure I set my bike up so that it runs well and gets the least amount of wear and tear possible. Thanks! :dknow

Hello. I recently installed Python 3 slip on mufflers on my 2012 FXDC. Since then I have noticed a bunch of "racket" on deceleration. It sounds like gargling with the occassional back fire. I'm not sure how big the baffles are in the pipes. I'm thinking 2" or more. It also seems to have lost some get up and go. I havent noticed any change in exhaust temp. If anything I would say it is cooler but that could be a change in weather.

My question is; what should I do to improve my bikes performance? I bought a PCV and waiting for it in the mail but I noticed there were no maps that matched my set up. The guy at fuel moto didn't even ask me what set up was on my bike when I ordered. I insisted on telling him and he said it shouldn't matter. Weird???

Would me installing a performance air cleaner in conjunction with the closest map avaliable help or hurt? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure I set my bike up so that it runs well and gets the least amount of wear and tear possible. Thanks! :dknow

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related | Archive | HDTimeline.Com Have a look in here:s

PCV is an auto tuner. It will constantly adjust the A/F ratio. The gurgling you are having is from a lean condition caused by the free flowing exhaust. PCV will fix that. Any questions after install, Fuel Moto is one of the best.
Adding a free flowing air cleaner would definitely help.
You would have completed Stage 1:
intake, exhaust, tuner.

I did my 1000 mile service today and put on a SE stage 1 air cleaner and went ahead and had the HD dealer install the stage 1 download. Since, it has decreased the "gurgling" a bit and no back fires. So I currently have Pythons 3 slash cut slip ons, SE stage 1 A/C, and stage 1 download.

I was told that performance pipes like pythons will always have some gurgling on decel due to the large diameter of the pipe and baffle. I still have my PCV but I'm not going to stall it yet. Going to keep this set up for a bit then experiment with the PCV. To be honest, I'm happy with the way it's running with the current set up. Its much snappy er on the low end and I actually dont mind a little decel pop. I dont want to make the mixture too rich and sacrafice MPG.

Back