free website stats program Help please..... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help please.....

After I changed my spring to the Baisley (I used the LMR-002), my oil pressure was a bit high for a few thousand miles. Would be up near 60 psi on cold starts, then fall to about 38-45 after warm up with about 20 at idle. Now, with over 15k miles on the spring, it is in the high 40s low 50s at cold start and around 32-35 at highway speed when warmed up. Idle is around 10 or so once warm.

Very satisfied with this mod.

TQ

I have to ask, why are you changing the oil pressure...is it because of higher altitude, Stage X mods or some symptom or characteristic with your model/year?:eam

I have to ask, why are you changing the oil pressure...is it because of higher altitude, Stage X mods or some symptom or characteristic with your model/year?:eam

In my case, the oil pressure with the stock spring was WAY too low. At idle when the oil was hot, this would border on zero (0). Either this caused the problem with the outer cam chain tensioner, or the other way around, but the tensioner shoe came apart into bits that eventually jammed the plunger so I had NO oil pressure reading on the dash gage when running home one day. Opened up the nose cone to find the shoe in little bits. So I dissassembled enough to get the plunger out (sort of like described above), cleaned everything up, replaced the plunger and the OEM spring with the Baisley, replaced the tensioner, buttoned it back up, and voila!! Good solid oil pressure! Got my vote.

TQ

Back