free website stats program Help Please | Harley Davidson Forums

Help Please

gollum

Hi guys,

I'm from the UK, and need some advice. I have a 2006 dyna lowrider which I have had a number of problems with. At the moment I have just replaced the rear injector due to a miss-fire, I have already replace the plug, ht lead and checked the coils. I am still getting the engine management light up and a P0263 error code. I have cleared the original code but it still keeps coming up although I don't seem to have the miss-fire now. Any ideas please would be appreciated.

Gollum

LOL... come on an American site and get someone from the UK, from the shires which part? cheers for that bud, 50 cycles seems a bloody lot, still it seems to run OK

Hi guys,

I'm from the UK, and need some advice. I have a 2006 dyna lowrider which I have had a number of problems with. At the moment I have just replaced the rear injector due to a miss-fire, I have already replace the plug, ht lead and checked the coils. I am still getting the engine management light up and a P0263 error code. I have cleared the original code but it still keeps coming up although I don't seem to have the miss-fire now. Any ideas please would be appreciated.

Gollum

P0263 Rear Injector Open/Low EFI

Have you checked the injector wires about an inch or so from the injector? Due to the movement of the rubber mounted engine, they have been known to break inside the insulation. Try moving the wires around a little and pulling on that injector wire away from the plug while the engine is idling and see if you get a misfire.

The baggers mostly had this problem but I wouldn't say it was impossible to have it on your model.

Here's the code sequence for your bike which you seem to have already.

04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited:
Haven't checked any wiring yet, just pulled the plugs off the injectors when I stripped it down, couldn't get rid of the miss-fire, despite replacing the plugs, the HT leads and checking the coils, so I replaced the rear injector. But if i can get my hands in there will give your tip a go, many thanks bud.

I hope you gapped the plugs to .040. That will also cause this problem too althou unlikely with two different plugs in there unless they were both gapped to large.

I hope you gapped the plugs to .040. That will also cause this problem too althou unlikely with two different plugs in there.

Thats a good point bud, to be honest I didn't :reyes I fitted screaming eagles straight from the box!

SE plugs should be OK but be careful switching from the stock plugs. The ION sensing will set a code on you.

Back