free website stats program HELP PLEASE -Water in Air Cleaner | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HELP PLEASE -Water in Air Cleaner

Could be related, or not...guessing some water in your fuel so I'd start by adding some SeaFoam to the tank (1oz/gal) and next fill should be 91+ octane...93, if you can find it. If that doesn't clear the hiccup...2013 bike's under warranty and should go in for service/warranty check.

Try to duplicate concern by spray misting from a bottle, some water around plugs and wires and coils. If this area is the problem you will be able to duplicate concern. You would think with such low miles and a new bike there could not be anything wrong but then there could be.

Thanks for the help. I'll start with gas and check the wires. If that doesn't work out I'll take it to Harley for warranty check. Thanks again!

Just a thought but did you make sure the plug wires are seated at both ends? If the caps are not tight at the coil or the plugs you can have a problem like you describe.

Just a thought but did you make sure the plug wires are seated at both ends? If the caps are not tight at the coil or the plugs you can have a problem like you describe.

Checked wires at both ends and they're connected well. It is sputtering at around 3000-3400 rpm and now even a little when giving it more gas but just for a few seconds. I'm running 93 octane which is all I've ever ran in it.

Called Harley and they told me to bring it in to be checked and would most likely be covered under warranty. The mechanic said just don't mention anything about rain in ac when I bring it. These service guys are pretty cool!! Thanks again to all for help. This site is a great bunch willing to help each other where we can and that's what counts!

I'll post findings when I get it all worked out. Will probably be the end of the week.

MarkS

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'm gonna look real STUPID but here goes. I ended up taking my AC off and it was still saturated with oil. I cleaned it again and re-oiled it more lightly this time. I changed the plugs and its running like a top. I think I put so much oil on the filter it was sucking it down the intake and causing the sputtering. Lesson learned!! Hopefully this will help someone else avoid the same problem.

MarkS

Ok, I'm gonna look real STUPID but here goes. I ended up taking my AC off and it was still saturated with oil. I cleaned it again and re-oiled it more lightly this time. I changed the plugs and its running like a top. I think I put so much oil on the filter it was sucking it down the intake and causing the sputtering. Lesson learned!! Hopefully this will help someone else avoid the same problem.

MarkS
K N filters are a bit tricky the first couple of times, it is trial and error, you found your problem and solved it Good on you:s

Back