free website stats program help on the ride and steering of roadking and dulxe | Harley Davidson Forums

help on the ride and steering of roadking and dulxe

robbo

Hi all
Please can anyone give me there advise from experience the ride and steering of the Roadking and softail deluxe 2008 models. Reason being I purchased a roadking back in march after selling my Deluxe 2006 model and after 25 miles I hate it the ride the steer and control of the bike seems completely different? I Did not feel in control and to be honest I did not feel safe on it compared to the deluxe The bars and seat felt different also more vibration through the engine I am thinking of going back to a new deluxe 2008 model.Any support and help would be great king regards Robbo.:)

Robbo

There are many differences between the two. One being a rubber mounted engine and the other a solid balanced one.
The RK has a different frame as well as suspension set up and front end with reversed triple trees that make it handle as as lighter bike. I've had both that you mention and the RK is a better ride and also handles better than the softail I had. It's all a matter of taste and the type riding you do.

Welcome to the forum.

Its an individual thing of course but 25 miles? If it was the other way around I'm sure it would feel strange at first. I came from a Kawaski Concours to an 08 Road King and it took me a month to get comfortable. I love it now

I had the same problem robbo, I'd forgotton all about softails with my last two UCs which have the same frame and front end setup as RKs. Now I have a FXST and have to get used to the different steering geometry all over again.

Back