free website stats program help new here | Harley Davidson Forums

help new here

pups

i have a 1991 fxstc i have the crane cams hi-4 ignition bike was running fine previously now i warm it up and take off get into the high rpms and it starts cutting out and popping and dies starts back up sometimes and sometime it backfires real loud then wont start at all then later it will start again but does the same thing any suggestions?

i have a 1991 fxstc i have the crane cams hi-4 ignition bike was running fine previously now i warm it up and take off get into the high rpms and it starts cutting out and popping and dies starts back up sometimes and sometime it backfires real loud then wont start at all then later it will start again but does the same thing any suggestions?

has it been sitting for a while? have you run any seafoam through the fuel? worked great for my 98

bike was running fine previously now i warm it up and take off get into the high rpms and it starts cutting out and popping and dies starts back up sometimes and sometime it backfires real loud then wont start at all then later it will start again but does the same thing any suggestions?

When did this problem start? Has it been sitting with fuel for a long time?

Could be a number of things but have you dropped the fuel bowl to look for crud or varnish? A Low float level will starve the motor of fuel at higher rpm's than just lightly cruising around. Does it idle and drive around ok if you don't get on it hard?

Have you changed or worked on anything recently? a little more info and we can begin to point you in the right direction where to focus on checking.

I'm thinking that a rebuild on the carb., the corn in the gas eats the rubber parts esp. the accelerator pump dia.

How old is this ignition? Next time the bike stalls check it for spark, thinking you have a failing ignition module JMO

My roadking was doing that they said it was a fuel position sensor. Went to get on it and it cut out and died. Backfired once made it to the dealer was still under warranty.

Sure sounds like problems I had with my EVO. coil heats up and then a misfire or no start.The varnish has been baked off of the coil windings.I bet that if you replace the coil it will run great again.

Back