free website stats program help installing forward controls 06 dyna | Harley Davidson Forums

help installing forward controls 06 dyna

kiddcurry

I am almost finished installing forward controls on my 06 dyna FXDI. Rather than remove the inner primary housing to remove the mid control shifter shaft I hacksawed it off. The HD kit came with a chrome plug to seal off the hole in the outer primary housing but no plug to seal the hole on the back of the inner primary housing. I am concerned that primary oil will surely leak out of it. When I put the primary oil back in should I pour it in through the clutch inspection cover opening? I am in the hunt for a service manual to double check my work. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Mike:worthy

Your inner & outer primary has mating surfaces where the shift shaft goes through, there is a flat dounut gasket between them that keeps any fluid from leaking out the shift shaft hole. If you drainned your fluid you want to remove the clutch inspection and pour 32 oz. of the right fluid (not engine oil) into primary. I use HD syn. 3.

Back