Help identify these wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels' started by Hillbilly Chuck, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Hillbilly Chuck

Hillbilly Chuck Member

Bought these wheels from Craigslist & I'm curious about who made them & when. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Hillbilly Chuck

Hillbilly Chuck Member

The stamping is AF inside a circle , followed by 089-94-1 . I picked them up for cheap & hope we can get them to fit my Fatboy.

3. SixPak

SixPak Junior Member

I don't know what brand they are, but I like the look of em. Hope somebody here can help you out.

4. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

what is the other stamping?

5. Hillbilly Chuck

Hillbilly Chuck Member

One is DOT-T & the other is 16 x 3.50

6. Hillbilly Chuck

Hillbilly Chuck Member

After a few hours of research & some polishing I have the answer. They were made by Sturgis Wheel Company ,but still not sure how much work it will take to mount them on my 95 Fatboy.

7. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Chuck. Pull the seals and see what the bearings numbers are. That will give you an idea of what's involved in putting them on your bike.

8. Hillbilly Chuck

Hillbilly Chuck Member

Hiya Breeze. These are 3 piece cast aluminum wheels . The major issue is going to be the big fat flange that takes the old style cloverleaf rotors. I may have to machine a new right side hub for the rear. Front wheel will bolt up & we may need to machine some spacers. I'll let you guys know how it comes out. I like the wheels because they are unique & I've never seen a set like them. Milling & machining a right side hub may cost a few $ , but I'll still have less than a grand in 'em.