free website stats program Help ID a Keihin butterfly carb | Harley Davidson Forums

Help ID a Keihin butterfly carb

ironbutz

Picked up this looks like new carb. and can't ID by these numbers

f19QAB11 and on top by choke lever 0800looks like a Keihin butterfly Any thoughts? Thanks

That carb. was used from around 1971-1989. There were variations in design such as float bowl and other things. The way the connect to the manifold, # 3 in my post 3,was all the same for Shovel Heads & early Evo's. Later ones were pretty good set ups. I have one on my 1981 FLTC, stock unit back then.
tourbox

That carb. was used from around 1971-1989. There were variations in design such as float bowl and other things. The way the connect to the manifold, # 3 in my post 3,was all the same for Shovel Heads & early Evo's. Later ones were pretty good set ups. I have one on my 1981 FLTC, stock unit back then.
tourbox
Thanks for the help. I had to wait for my wife to get home to compare the pics and take mine. I'm blind and love to tinker on Sportster mostly the ironheadspre 74 Thanks again for the help.

It should work on the XL. May have to re-jet for the XL. Just look at the head and intake for proper sealing, o-ring or band type.
tourbox

Back