free website stats program Help! I want a Street Glide and she wants an Electraglide Classic | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help! I want a Street Glide and she wants an Electraglide Classic

My buddy has a StreetGlide and just recently upgraded his seat to the Electraglide style and added a taller windshield for more comfort. Go figure...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 'bout $3K should cover all the upgrades. Yeesh, I coulda had an Electraglide. :small3d023::small3d023::small3d023:

I have an 05 Electra Glide Standard. With out the trunk it looks like this:
l_ba341276cd29b6e585fe4c0d7e8145f9.jpg

With the Trunk it looks like this:

l_52c56722ab184f7dbd09b5ed98dffa3c.jpg

When I got mine I also got the small back rest for it so I can take it on and off anytime. Same with the trunk. I got the detachable brackets and everything. So pretty much if I decide I can leave the trunk on, and take it off. Someone said leave the trunk off, get the low profile seat, and you have a Street glide with a light bar. hehehehe Interesting thought.

Hope this helps.

I'm swimming upstream here, but I'd go with the Street Glide. I love the looks; it is basically a Road King with a fairing. The Electraglide is like a Winabago-Gold Wing, big, bulky, more expensive, and heavy. That said, my wife only rides with me when she hasn't just done her hair, and it's 75-85 degrees, and we aren't going more than 92.5 miles. If your wife rides with you more than that, the bigger bike is probably a better choice. I tour some, and can get by with a T-Bag.

Well fish, as far as the comment about the Electraglide I couldn't agree with you less. I had a Road King and thought I couldn't do better. I was wrong. I got an Ultra Classic and wouldn't go back. In my opinion it handles better than my Road King did. It's better set up for distance riding. It is not bulky and certainly not anything like the Winnebago-like Wing. You can always get a quick detach tourpack set up and make it similar to a Street Glide, it just won't be lowered. You could do that too though. If you've never ridden an Ultra, don't. Unless you don't mind eating your words. He,He,He. It sounds to me though, that the Street Glide better suits your style of riding and that's what it's all about. Ride safe.

I've got an EG with the detachable Tour Pack. My wife rides with me a lot with and without the Tour Pack and for us you can't beat having the Tour Pack as well as that nice plush seat for her on the road. I have a SG seat on order as I type for the lighter weight and look when she's not riding.

I'm like Zyepod, I bought an 09 EG with removeable TP ... 'cause I always wanted the SG "look", and am really happy with it. :bigsmiley22: My wife on the other hand, liked her Honda Magna :newsmile025: until I suggested we do some long-haul ridin'. Last friday she became a proud owner of a 09 SG :D and without rubbing it into her too much, we're now both pretty happy. Any chance your wife wantin' her own scooter???

I faced the same question, Electraglide Classic or the Streetglide. If money is a problem, then get the Classic and get the detachable kit for the tour-pak. Then you can take it off an make believe you have a Streetglide. Or you can do like I did, get the Streetglide, buy the tour-pak and detachable kit and when the old lady wants to come along I can make believe I have a Classic. Oh yeah, and I bought the matching lowers so I can almost make believe I have an Ultra.

Bottom line is that I have the bike I wanted all along, a 2009 Streetglide in Black Ice/Blue Ice. That makes me happy. The tour-pak makes her happy. THE END.

Motorcycle%20Pics

Hmmm.....tried to post a pic. Haven't figured that out yet.
Motorcycle%20Pics

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm like Zyepod, I bought an 09 EG with removeable TP ... 'cause I always wanted the SG "look", and am really happy with it. :bigsmiley22: My wife on the other hand, liked her Honda Magna :newsmile025: until I suggested we do some long-haul ridin'. Last friday she became a proud owner of a 09 SG :D and without rubbing it into her too much, we're now both pretty happy. Any chance your wife wantin' her own scooter???

We did the two bike thing last year and finally swapped my Superglide and her 883L for an 09 Electraglide standard. Screamin Eagle mufflers and a black Klockwerks windscreen already on. I'm looking hard at the biketronics radio kits and we have added a detachable backrest.
This is a dang good riding bike. I've never ridden without footpegs and the heel toe shifter is tough to get used to. I think I'll be alright though....very comfy ride.
Thanks for all the advice!
Jim

I faced the same question, Electraglide Classic or the Streetglide. If money is a problem, then get the Classic and get the detachable kit for the tour-pak. Then you can take it off an make believe you have a Streetglide. Or you can do like I did, get the Streetglide, buy the tour-pak and detachable kit and when the old lady wants to come along I can make believe I have a Classic. Oh yeah, and I bought the matching lowers so I can almost make believe I have an Ultra.

Bottom line is that I have the bike I wanted all along, a 2009 Streetglide in Black Ice/Blue Ice. That makes me happy. The tour-pak makes her happy. THE END.

Motorcycle%20Pics

Hmmm.....tried to post a pic. Haven't figured that out yet.
Motorcycle%20Pics

you havent hit the required # of posts yet

I've never ridden without footpegs and the heel toe shifter is tough to get used to. I think I'll be alright though....very comfy ride.
Thanks for all the advice!
Jim

I'm not sure if you have already noticed this but the heel shifter can be adjusted. It is on a spline shaft. Just loosen it's connection and lower it a notch or two and it is so much more user friendly.

Back