free website stats program Help! I want a Street Glide and she wants an Electraglide Classic | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help! I want a Street Glide and she wants an Electraglide Classic

53246-09 I hope that helps

I know that your post says Electraglide Classic but in case it’s a Ultra Classic, you’ll also need the Tour-Pak® Quick Disconnect Harness for Ultra Models PN 70032-09. This disconnects the tour-pak speakers and lights, plus relocates the CB antenna.
:42:

"Help! I want a Street Glide and she wants an Electraglide Classic"

Excellent. One for each of you!!

TQ

yes she is right you won't be sorry getting the classic for about 4 to 500 dollars you can get the quick detatch bracket for the trunck and it comes with antenna relocating kit ( i would suggest getting the shortie antenna). basicly the classic is a street glide overlooking the back trunk and thicker seat. Like the ther guy said get the bike with the best of both worlds (classic), you can take off trunk for shorter rides put it back on for longer trips

I can tell you from personal experience that for right around $1000, you can add a color matched, detachable king tour pack to a Street Glide for enhanced touring capability and an upgrade in passenger comfort. This was worth it for me because I love the clean, no bling, limited chrome looks of a Street Glide and most of my riding is not of the overnight type so the pack will stay off. You can make the tour pack detachable on an ElectraGlide but it will still look a LOT more like an EG with the tour pack gone than a Street Glide.

All depends on the look you're going for and what the main type of riding is that you do.

Just my 2 cents, of course!

The wife was dissappointed when I got rid of the Road King for an Ultra. That is until she rode on it with me. Now she loves the (edit) thing. I had figured on getting the removable tourpack kit but never did. I got so used to having the tour pack I didn't want to do without. Street glides are cool but Ultra Classics are the total package. You'll get over the Street Glide fettish real quick. If not, get one in addition to the Classic. Word to the wise - get the Ultra.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the opposite at my house. But we got the classic and use the tailtrunk more than the saddle bags. I use the trunk everyday for my lunch and work stuff.

How hard is it to make the trunk removable on the classic?

I'm swimming upstream here, but I'd go with the Street Glide. I love the looks; it is basically a Road King with a fairing. The Electraglide is like a Winabago-Gold Wing, big, bulky, more expensive, and heavy. That said, my wife only rides with me when she hasn't just done her hair, and it's 75-85 degrees, and we aren't going more than 92.5 miles. If your wife rides with you more than that, the bigger bike is probably a better choice. I tour some, and can get by with a T-Bag.

Looks like she is right....again. (edit)
I need part numbers to make the trunk detachable if ya'll have them.

Normally I would never suggest listening to your wife but.....

I was gonna buy a 08' Standared until the wife saw the Classic..... For once, I also listened to my wife and couldn't be happier.

She loves the comfy passenger accommodations and tunes. Makes getting out in the wind much easier when your wife enjoys the ride.

I installed the quick detach kit for the tour pack as well so pretty much have the best of both worlds, plus the tu-tone blue and black paint looks awsome and isn't available on the StreetGlide.

Of course my wife wasn't impressed with the tourpack detach kit. Went something like "Whadda yah need that for? Plan on going somewhere without me?" Oh well...:D

My buddy has a StreetGlide and just recently upgraded his seat to the Electraglide style and added a taller windshield for more comfort. Go figure...

Back