free website stats program Help. I tipped it over. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help. I tipped it over.

Instead of starting a new thread since this thread is title tipped it over, I have a question? I have an 08 FXDF FatBob. If the bike does tip over, do you have to reset it. I read somewhere where there is a ( tilt ) if you will on the bike. If it goes over I have to reset something. I'm I dreaming or is this true. If true, what the heck gets reset? I can't remember where I read it.

Not sure about the Fatbob, but on others, if it goes over while running, instinct is to hit the kill switch. After you get it back up, you need to turn off the ignition switch if you have not already done so, and then restart in the normal manner, or it will not start.

Not sure about the Fatbob, but on others, if it goes over while running, instinct is to hit the kill switch. After you get it back up, you need to turn off the ignition switch if you have not already done so, and then restart in the normal manner, or it will not start.

Thanks, but I thought I read somewhere if the bike tilts more than 31 degrees, a fuel shut off occurs and then a code has to be reset. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I can't remember where the heck I read that.

Thanks, but I thought I read somewhere if the bike tilts more than 31 degrees, a fuel shut off occurs and then a code has to be reset. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I can't remember where the heck I read that.

Cycling the ignition switch to "off" and back on again will clear everything. Nothing else needed. The bank angle sensor is responsible for this feature.

as the guys alreay said you get the TILT in the speedo stand it up cycle switch and it will fire up when i say tilt i had to say why thank you mr obvious i would have never known

Ouch, I hope your buddy is alright and I hope the bike wasn't hot while he was lying under it!

Thanks, he is back on two feet and a heck of alot more careful of insuring the stand is fully forward before gets off the bike. Fortunately, he had just moved it around the garage and it was not hot...That could have been really bad!

Back