free website stats program HELP!!! I hit a bump and transmission/clutch let go!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HELP!!! I hit a bump and transmission/clutch let go!!!

Does your cable and ramp look like this and does it move freely?

Derby cover off and squeeze the clutch.... Is the center of clutch moving...?

Lots of "Who Done It"...:newsmile100:

signed....BUBBIE

Derby cover off and squeeze the clutch.... Is the center of clutch moving...?

Lots of "Who Done It"...:newsmile100:

signed....BUBBIE
Hey Guys, Today I finally had time to get back to troubleshooting this problem. So, the cable is not broken, cable and ramp working fine. I removed the derby cover and saw that the clutch was rubbing against the primary cover. So, I removed the primary cover and am seeing the when I get the clutch cable to work properly the push rod actually shifts the entire clutch assembly against the primary cover. Not good. I'm going to check the torque of the clutch hub mainshaft nut to see if it is tightened/seated properly. Can anyone offer any other points to inspect? I'd like some input before I dive in. It seems like I can shift the transmission but it is not engaging at all. That worries me as well. Any input is welcome! Thanks. Again, 2000 electra glide.

I would remove the large snap ring and clutch adjustment disc. then check the clutch hub nut for both tightness and that it hasn't broken. I think you are in the right area. Good luck....

Remember the clutch hub nut is on a reverse thread and you will need the bike in gear and lock the rear brake to lock the main shaft so that you can check the torque on the clutch hub nut

Brian

Back