free website stats program Help, I blew it, Tranny trouble | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help, I blew it, Tranny trouble

Well fellas, I may have some good news, I contacted a Harley mechanic, told him my problem and he suggested the Time-Sert. I guess those things are getting used everywhere. He's callimg with with directions to his shop and I hope to have it repaired in a few days. Thanks so much to everyone here who gave their time to help. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

YAHOOO!!! I got my scoot back today and everything is fixed. The mechanic put one of those time-sert plugs in, that did the trick. Thanks everyone for the help and support. Now I'm going riding.

WoW! Yeah it does. You are going to need to get a real good look at it to be sure of what you have, but it looks as though just a plain heli-coil is not going to do it.
Take a look at these: ++ TIME-SERT Threaded inserts for stripped threads, threaded inserts, thread repair stripped sparkplug's, Ford sparkplug blowouts, threaded inserts threaded, repair stripped threads, stripped threads, inserts threaded inserts, Ford spark plug repair,
They are heavier and are a complete insert.
There are also other type inserts available. Just do a google search here:
thread repair inserts - Google Search

YAHOOO!!! I got my scoot back today and everything is fixed. The mechanic put one of those time-sert plugs in, that did the trick. Thanks everyone for the help and support. Now I'm going riding.

Good to hear you have problem sorted and are back on the road :cheers

:small3d015: Oh man! Just maybe I should have looked at the date on this, and read the whole post.....sorry.
Nothing like offering suggestions after the fact. :small3d011:
Glad to hear you have it repaired and are back on the road. :newsmile106:

Back