free website stats program Help, I blew it, Tranny trouble | Harley Davidson Forums

Help, I blew it, Tranny trouble

buck484

Contributor
Well, I just created a major problem. I know that if anyone can help it's HDT. I performed the 5000 mi. service on my 04 Fatboy and noticed a leak coming from under the tranny. I can't believe it but I cross threaded the plug. When I pulled the plug two small pieces of the threaded tranny case fell out. I am sick. What's next and where do I find the solution?
Thanks for any help'

did you crack the case or just strip it ? if striped you can heli coil it if theres room depending where the trans drain plug is on your ride ..

It's in the middle of the shocks. I believe it's just the threaded portion. Thanks for the quick reply

get a good look at it and see if you can helicoil it then other wise trans case .. heli coils are easy to do but you might have to remove the shocks to do it.. heli coil isnt super cheap but if done right they will hold . got a pic of what came out ?

I'll try to get some pictures. The piece are very small, about 1/8 by 3/4 in. long with two threads in them. Thanks again

there's also something called a time-sert they work well

Thanks Wild, I'll look into it, I'm trying to post a picture but haven't been able to figure that out yet. Just a very frustating day. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.

Back