free website stats program HELP HELP, my 07 Electra is bottoming-out front and rear. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HELP HELP, my 07 Electra is bottoming-out front and rear.

Hi guys. I took my 07 electra classic out a couple hours ago with my lady on the bike, suddently i hit pretty rough bumps on the road and I can hear my front forks bottoming out, and on occasion I hear the rear too. Well, I come to a small rough part on the road and suddently my rear bottoms out, but this time something is different. I must of rubbed on somethin g and now my bike is making a weird rubbing noise the whole time. I pull over and check the back shock air pressure. (30 lbs on them) so thats enough for that. I cant figure out what is rubbing or what I messed up back there. Here is the weird part< i tell my girlfriend to get off and I test run it without her, and the noise goes away (but the bottoming out is still there) I am so frustrating, I cant figure this out. I lowered the rear 1 in. with a lowering bracket, but 1in. shouldnt be enough to bottom out. I have no clue how to check the front forks. Any ideas of the rubbing or grinding noise on the rear? or how to check my forks? can I add air pressure to the front somehow? Need help guys.. I had to pull over and ride 25 mph the way back home..

I must add i weigh 240 lbs, and my lady maybe 140.. Can anyone tell me if each shock has its own air pressure outlet to check the pressure? i put my HD air pump on the air nipple located on the left side rear. I dont know if the right side shock has its own nipple? Is there a possibility of one shock having enough air pressure, and the other being very low? and is there a air valve to check my air pressure on the front forks? thanks guys.

My 01 has 2 air nipples, but both are located on the right, setting on the bike. one is for the front and one is the rear. if you have air shocks you should have 2 just like mine. don't know where they are on an 07 but would bet they are in the same place. check your owners manual for proper pressure.
also check your side stand, if you have a loose spring or missing bumper it will make an awful noise when you go over bumps. with the lowering brackets scrubbing the fender is likely, than with short shocks. my old bikehad lowering bracket and new bike has short shocks thats how I found this out.

My 01 has 2 air nipples, but both are located on the right, setting on the bike. one is for the front and one is the rear. if you have air shocks you should have 2 just like mine. don't know where they are on an 07 but would bet they are in the same place. check your owners manual for proper pressure.
also check your side stand, if you have a loose spring or missing bumper it will make an awful noise when you go over bumps. with the lowering brackets scrubbing the fender is likely, than with short shocks. my old bikehad lowering bracket and new bike has short shocks thats how I found this out.

Got a 07 UC and have only 1 air nipple on it located on the left side. You have air shocks on the front of yours or am I mis-reading?

Back