free website stats program HELP...have a question on my SE tuner | Harley Davidson Forums

HELP...have a question on my SE tuner

I have a screaming eagle race tuner kit that I purchased after installing a new set of Rush pipes on my 06 Heritage softail classic.
Last year I removed the gas tank fix a dent after dropping the bike.
The dent was fixed and repainted like original. I re-installed the tank with now problem.
Ever since then, the bike just does not run the same.
First of all, it takes multiple tries to start the bike
Once it is running everything seems fine until I get on the Highway.
Once I gun the throddle the bike hesitates, drops off, sputters but never stalls.
I have to gradually speed up to avoid this.
I was wondering if I should plug the bike back into my original tuner.
Can I Check to see if all the values are ok?
Does it sound like I need to re-tune?
:small3d028::small3d028:

Hang on a minute - you're asking all sorts of questions about your tuner but the trouble began when you had your tank off for repairs. I'd suspect an issue with a fuel filter, pump, hose, etc before I spent any time messing with my tuner.

I agree with Dr. Dolittle. The 1st thing I would be checking is fuel pump pressure. You can not read fuel pressure using the SEST. You must use a mechanical gauge.
The last thing you want to do is "Re-Tune" the ECM or make corrections to a map. You will most likely wind up with multiple problems if you do.

As the Doctor said, I think I would check the fuel filter first. Repairing and painting makes a hole lot of dust, if there was any sandblasting done that can really causes a fine gritty dust. If your tank was not sealed up completely during the hole repair that could cause a problem.

Back