free website stats program Help for 03' touring EFI fuel supply line fitting leaking | Harley Davidson Forums

Help for 03' touring EFI fuel supply line fitting leaking

tingyuantw

Account Removed
Dear Sir,

I am a HD rider from Taiwan. Recently my 03' electra glide classic fuel supply line fiiting under gas tank has been serious leaking after I turn my engine off. It is the oring seal inside the fitting is wired. Do I need to buy a whole fuel supply fitting to fix ? Is there any alternative to fix the problem?
thanks for the help in advance!!
Hill

Dear Sir,

I am a HD rider from Taiwan. Recently my 03' electra glide classic fuel supply line fiiting under gas tank has been serious leaking after I turn my engine off. It is the oring seal inside the fitting is wired. Do I need to buy a whole fuel supply fitting to fix ? Is there any alternative to fix the problem?
thanks for the help in advance!!
Hill

Hello, and welcome to the Forum. You will find lots of great info in the self-help pages and the other technical pages especially by using the search function above. The rest is in the heads of your fellow members.

Check here:

Fuel Leak from fitting - Harley Davidson Community
Fuel Linkage Leak! (From Tank to Fitting - Harley Davidson Community
EFI Fuel Line Removal - Harley Davidson Community
Fuel leakage - Harley Davidson Community
Fuel Smell - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Dear TQuentin1,

Thanks for the Link information. It seems that many of people who has the problem are with two fuel fitting under the tank. My model has only one fitting under the tank. I was wondering if your 03' Urltra has one or two fitting under the tank. I am trying to look for the part number of that fuel supply fitting line. Do you have any infomraiton of that?

Hill

Last edited:
Hill,

One, like yours. Looking at the schematic in the link below, is it part #40 or #32 that you need? I can give you the HD part number for both.

FUEL TANK - FUEL INJECTED FLHTCUI, FLHTCI, FLHTI & FLTRI - 2003 Harley Davidson Touring Electra Glide Classic FLHTCI

TQ
If it's part number 40 you will also need a new top plate gasket, all new sealng screws and a clamp for the hose, I believe the o-ring comes with the valve. If you're going to do the work yourself order a service manual for the bike, you'll need it. good luck
Sorry TQuentin1 I don't mean to but in.

No problem, Chopper. I appreciate your depth of experience and knowledge and welcome the input. The idea here is to provide as much help to the members as possible.

TQ

Hill,

See my post above for the part numbers. The p/n for the parts Chopper is referring to are:

61402-02 Gasket, sending unit
1311D Screw, sealing (10)
10222 Clamp 8mm

Last edited:
Dear Brothers.

Thanks for the big help. I will study it first and get back to you the result after I solve my problem.

Hill

Dear Brothers,
The leaking is from the connection of theose two parts, and I am not sure which part is the one need to be replaced. I am sure it is the oring problem, can you suggest how to dignosis the part of the problem. The leaking usually happens when I turn the engine off. When it is on the way and running, I does not leak. I disconnect the fitting and there is no leaking from the female fitting part.
I had the 03 service manual with me but there is no mention about how to dignosis the problem.

Hill

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, can't say 100% for sure because I'm not their looking at it, but if it's leaking from the quick disconnect, it is the female part of plug (the top half). I have never replaced a o-ring in a 2003 (so if anyone has Please break in here). I don't think it's listed in the parts book so I would not consider it a serviceable part. A fuel leak is nothing to play around with so I would opt to replace the female half of the quick disconnect myself.

Dear Brothers,
The leaking is from the connection of theose two parts, and I am not sure which part is the one need to be replaced. I am sure it is the oring problem, can you suggest how to dignosis the part of the problem. The leaking usually happens when I turn the engine off. When it is on the way and running, I does not leak. I disconnect the fitting and there is no leaking from the female fitting part.
I had the 03 service manual with me but there is no mention about how to dignosis the problem.

Hill

Hill,

I think Chopper is right here. And I think I remember that one of the guys in the other links I gave you earlier (see post #2) had figured out how to replace the o-ring in the female quick connector end of the fuel line. Check those again to see if you can spot that post, and then pm that member for details. If it is not there, hopefully he will chime in here.

TQ

Back