free website stats program Help! First-time Harley buyer | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help! First-time Harley buyer

I have to agree with MSF Class,i have not rode in 35+ years.Decided at 53 i wanted to ride a Harley.Bought a used 2007 Sportster,although i wanted a new Super Glide. I took the MSF Class got my endorsement and started out slowly.Still learning and cautious,and will continue to be.I try to ride at least once a week,i started out in empty parking lots then gradually went on to the open road.Each trip i venture further.I do wear Safety Vest as i want to be seen.Hope that you Enjoy your Bike what ever one you decide on and be safe.

I have to agree with MSF Class,i have not rode in 35+ years.Decided at 53 i wanted to ride a Harley.Bought a used 2007 Sportster,although i wanted a new Super Glide. I took the MSF Class got my endorsement and started out slowly.Still learning and cautious,and will continue to be.I try to ride at least once a week,i started out in empty parking lots then gradually went on to the open road.Each trip i venture further.I do wear Safety Vest as i want to be seen.Hope that you Enjoy your Bike what ever one you decide on and be safe.

Going off topic here for a bit. Ref a safety vest to be seen. There is a theory that motorcycles are not seen because cars don't perceive us as a threat. My bike is two tone and coupled with a white or silver helmet I can be mistaken for a cop. At the parking lot at work one day an acquaintance of mine told me he saw me at the intersection and initially slowed down cause he thought I was law enforcement, then realized it was just me. I'm a big believer in risk management and will take every advantage possible. For that reason i don't go for black bikes or black helmets even though black and chrome is the coolest look in the world. Just my 2 cents, your mileage may vary.
WAP.gif

Back