free website stats program Help find security pin for HOB | Harley Davidson Forums

Help find security pin for HOB

I BOUGHT A USED 2010 electra glide and my hob isnt working i cant get the person i bought it from to get the security pin how can i find it please help i want to ride

You should call or go to the dealer with the bike.
I'm sure they can clear the pin and program new fobs for you.

Try this....

Turn the run switch to ‘OFF’ position and check that no lights are blinking. Perform the next steps within 10 seconds. Put the ignition switch ‘ON’, ‘OFF’, ‘ON’, ‘OFF’ and ‘ON’ again. Press the left turn switch twice and wait for three flashes from the indicator lights. Press the right turn switch once. The indicator lights will blink once. Press the left turn switch once. The indicators lights will flash twice.

In the case of a TSSM key fob press the button once. The indicators will blink twice more. Turn the run switch to ‘OFF’. The anti-theft mechanism is now armed. You have to follow almost the same steps if you want to reset the Harley key fob with any code of your choice. Turn the run switch to ‘ON’ for the third time in quick succession and press the left turn switch twice. For a TSSM fob, press the fob button twice while for an HFSM fob, press the right turn switch once. The odometer will show the current PIN. Use the left and right turn switches to enter the code of your choice, and you can have a new PIN for the security system.

2010 is a hands free fob.
Reggie; How is the fob broken? dropped, submerged, ? Just "broken" does not help us to try and find a way to get you going.
Just for grins, flip the battery and try it. Bottom line, if the fob is unfixable, and you don't know the code, it's gonna cost you $$$ for the dealer to install and program a new ECM.

Is it a button type or just a plain fob?
Regular fob

2010 is a hands free fob.
Reggie; How is the fob broken? dropped, submerged, ? Just "broken" does not help us to try and find a way to get you going.
Just for grins, flip the battery and try it. Bottom line, if the fob is unfixable, and you don't know the code, it's gonna cost you $$$ for the dealer to install and program a new ECM.
Ran over and it broke

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that certainly explains "broke". IMO, it's worth a try to see if the internals of the FOB may still work. It may take some fiddling, but worth it if you can get the ECM to recognize the FOB, and then retrieve the pin # to get the bike to the dealer. You are going to have to pay up for a new fob and programming to your bike.

Back