free website stats program Help, detachable saddlebags | Harley Davidson Forums

Help, detachable saddlebags

dawg16

I did the search thing, and still couldn't find my answer. This winter, my project was to put HD detachable bags on my '09 FXDL. I got the turn signal relocation kit on fine. The question I have is this. That kit comes with tons of parts ect. I got the docking points on the fenders ok. The bags connect fine with those two points and look fine. The instructions are kind of confusing to me, but do I still need to put more hardware on the lower part of the mounting system. Nothing really makes sense to me. I got on youtube and they show detachable bags on a wideglide, and he only hooked up the two points on the fender. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure about the Harley detacahble bags, but some of the aftermarket detachables have hardware that attach to the bottom of the shocks with a roller or rubbing block. They are to give the bags something to rub on when the suspension works up and down, without scratching up the side of the bike. It is easy to scratch up the shocks or where ever the particular bags might rub, if the are no rubbing blocks or rollers.

Hi

I have the HD bags on my 07 FXDL, and it has three mounting points. Two at the fender and one that mounts behind the shock.

Don L

Hi

I have the HD bags on my 07 FXDL, and it has three mounting points. Two at the fender and one that mounts behind the shock.

Don L

Are yours detachable? No where on in my instructions does it say or give instructions on a lower third mount. I know I'm going to have extra parts because the kit covers alittle more than my deal.(detachable sissy bar etc.) I'm still looking for answers if anybody has any advice. Thanks.
PS. Could they have left some instructions out?

I finally figured it out after staring at parts for sometime. I think they missed some of the instructions when they packaged everything. I had to pull shocks and the seat, etc. Oh well, I got it and thanks for the help. I hope if I need instructions from HD in the future, they are better, or they get them packaged!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are yours detachable? No where on in my instructions does it say or give instructions on a lower third mount. I know I'm going to have extra parts because the kit covers alittle more than my deal.(detachable sissy bar etc.) I'm still looking for answers if anybody has any advice. Thanks.
PS. Could they have left some instructions out?

I finally figured it out after staring at parts for sometime. I think they missed some of the instructions when they packaged everything. I had to pull shocks and the seat, etc. Oh well, I got it and thanks for the help. I hope if I need instructions from HD in the future, they are better, or they get them packaged!
Hi I was seraching the forums for dyna saddlebag info and came across your post. It sounds like I may be going through the samething you did. I recently bought detachable saddlebags for my 2008 streetbob and can't figure out for the life of me how to attach the lower support bracket. I have the two posts attached just fine but have alot of left over pieces and the instructions don't show you how to attach the lower arm support. If this is indeed the same situation you had, how did you attach the parts? you mention taking off the seat and shocks but did you ever find instructions? I cant. Do you have pictures of how yours attached? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! thank you!

patrick

Back