free website stats program Help deciphering DTC codes 2002 FLSTCI | Harley Davidson Forums

Help deciphering DTC codes 2002 FLSTCI

My first of all will only start after 4 trys. Once it gets going it will sputter at low speeds but will remain running. Following the instuctions on this site I jumpered the pins 1 and 2 and got the error codes. It looks like I am getting codes 11 and 24. When looking at the list of codes there are multiple number 11 codes. Im already going to pick up a TPS tomorrow but how do i know which code 11 applies to me? Also what should I be looking for with regards to code 24?

Telling which 11 or 24 code it is, is where a Scanalyzer comes in handy. If you haven't all ready I would try a new set of spark plugs & checked the plug wire to the front cylinder as well as the wires going to the coil and the wires and plug for the tps.
Does the check engine lamp stay on after you get it started?

code 24 - Front cylinder no combustion or intermittent combustion or Front ignition coil high/shorted

code 11 - Historic code TP sensor open/low/high - if it'a a current code Battery voltage high and high voltage would not cause the starting problem your having.

Ive already replaced the plugs and plug wires. I tested the TPS using an ohmmeter and it does look like its faulty. The check engine light does stay on for a little bit sometimes but it always goes off after 10 minutes or so. I will check the coil wire tomorow as well. Thanks for the direction

Also, any idea how to clear the codes out? Im curious to see what the codes say after I replace the TPS

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, any idea how to clear the codes out? Im curious to see what the codes say after I replace the TPS

I was told by a few that this works.

Steps:
Disarm alarm if so equipped.
Run/Off switch to OFF
Ignition Key: ON,OFF,ON,OFF,ON (and leave ON)

Press LEFT turn signal switch TWICE. Wait for 1 or 2 flashes..

Press RIGHT turn signal switch ONCE => turn signal will flash 1 time

Press RIGHT turn signal switch ONCE => turn signal flashes 2 times

Press RIGHT turn Signal switch ONCE => turn signals flash 3 times

Press LEFT turn signal switch ONCE. TROUBLE CODES WILL NOW BE DISPLAYED

TO CLEAR ANY CODES,,,=> PRESS & HOLD LEFT signal switch for 5 seconds. => turn
signal will now flash twice to confirm memory is clear.

Turn ignition OFF.

See what happens!

Back