free website stats program Help ankle pain, says it's not my bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help ankle pain, says it's not my bike

Try a ride without using the highway pegs, I know that my forwards hurt my ankles, thats why I added center pegs so that there is a way to move around.

Blademan has the right idea...I installed mid mounts with Kuryakyn Mini-Wings and the Lindby Engine guards have high rubber pads and I added H-D adjustable mounts to get the peg placement "perfect"...adding stirrups would probably ease the stress on the knees and ankles.
SaddleView.jpg

Try a ride without using the highway pegs, I know that my forwards hurt my ankles, thats why I added center pegs so that there is a way to move around.

This was my first thought also, if your ankles are hyper extended or at an abnormal angle for any length of time will be sure to cause pain, try keeping to the foot boards, ankles relaxed at 90 degrees shouldn't cause pain.

I also have the prosthetics custom made for the shoes, I can tell you that it takes a little bit of time for these to help, but for me it does help and you have to wear them all the time in whatever shoes or boots or sneakers you go out in all the time, I chose not to go with a shot of cortizone, but that may help also.

I had a similiar issue as my doc said your getting old. His advice to me was get of the couch and moderate exercise, it did help after years of working and riding in the cold I just learned to live with it and hand full of Advil I am ready to go.

Back