free website stats program HELP! All of sudden runnin horrible.. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HELP! All of sudden runnin horrible..

Wow... Great Pics and SWEET RIDE.. Beautiful Machine!..

Are those the original 6 year old filters?

Thanx, she does look pretty sweet.. I'll post additional ones when she's all buttoned up again....

Yeah, Hopple those are the original filters to my knowledge. I got her with 8k and she's just turned over 13k. Havent looked to see what the intervals are on changing them but they'll be changed out now anyway. I'd prefer to change out the tubing in the tank as well just in case, but the dealership here in El Paso said you can't purchase just the tubing, comes with the pump.

Hope the filters do the trick, this sympton came outta nowhere tho and tank looks clean on the inside.

Sportsters were the last models to get the new tank material in 2005 without the need for that troublesome liner of old...that and the fact you have a bike that was ridden and not stored with moisture in the tank, those filters do look better than one would expect. Get fresh gas from your reliable station and use the old gas in your lawn mower and such. That, along with the new filters carefully installed and you should be good to go. :D

NHD, installed the new filter and p/u sock and put the pump back in w/o a prob. put about 1gal of fuel in rode for a bit w/o issue and added another gal later on. Let the scoot get goooood and warm since thats where the issue occured at last time, waiting in line to pick my boy up from school, and didnt seem to have a issue. Gonna log some more miles in the a.m. Its date nite with wifey tomorrow and plan on rolling over to Las Cruces, NM so fingers are crossed that its cured! thanks all for the input..

Love that new paint on those tins & from the looks of the filter elements - you probably found the gremlin. Hope she runs sweet again.

Back