free website stats program Helmets? | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmets?

I live in a state where it is legal to ride without a helmet, but illegal to not wear a seatbelt. This really doesn't make much sense to me! Anyhow do you wear a helmet when you ride and why or why not?

When I used to ride I always wore a helmet I think that it is very stupid not to. I guess I am just not much of a risk taker and never really was. I feel that riding is dangerous enough and that any precautions to keep you safer should be taken.

I hate helmets, seriously. I hardly wear helmets when I am driving. I know that its a biggest safety precaution but yet, I feel crap and my head starts paining at the thought of wearing a helmet. :)

Wearing a helmet is just a natural thing to do when you are riding a bike. Most of the fatal injuries caused by motorbike accidents are on the head. We should be taking the necessary precaution because we only have one life to live. Once it is gone it's gone for good.

I would never get on a bike without my helmet. I also try to make sure that all of my loved ones, especially my son (who I have seen without a helmet) understands the importance of riding with a helmet. It is not just you out there on the roads there are far too many other people that could cause an accident to happen to take any chances.

I never wear a helmet but I do make sure that my wife does. I figure that if I am driving and I don't want to wear one that is my choice but my passengers will always wear one no matter what.

Personally, I don't like helmets. They are a pain in the ass! I think we should be allowed to choose. I also think we should be allowed to choose whether or not to wear a seatbelt.

I don't really like the helmet hair, but would never ride without my gear, that is just a risk I am not willing to take. I don't understand why others would want to take that risk, does'nt make much sense to me.

I don't really like the helmet hair, but would never ride without my gear, that is just a risk I am not willing to take. I don't understand why others would want to take that risk, does'nt make much sense to me.
And why you don't understand that I want to excercise my freedom and ride how I choose makes no sense to me.

I never leave home without my helmet, got to protect what little brains I have left.Glad most states have laws that protect us from ourself as well as others.

Back