free website stats program Helmets | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmets

Here in AZ I am not required to wear a helmet but I always do. I recently switched from a half to a 3 / 4 helmet.

My Lady and I bought 2 Scorpion, EXO900, Transformer helmets. They are light and have many features. They are a modular helmet and have several configurations. She wears hers full face and I wear mine 3 /4 (open face). We have helmet to helmet intercoms to talk as we go down the road.

A local dealer took $20 off each helmet and about $40 off the intercom system so I got a good deal.

If you have a Cycle Gear near you, they have a nice selection plus you can take it back within 7 days for a full refund or trade if you hate it. They will also order for you.

Bodeen

Hey here's my 2 cents on helmets I hate em. But I have young kids that want thier dad to wear a helmet, and yet I usually don't unless I know I'm going to be screwing around, or going on a long trip. Couple of tips though, don't buy a helmet online unless you have tried that brand on for your size. They vary greatly by brand, let alone style. Scorpion helmets run much small then say Shoei ones. Also to a point you can make a big helmet smaller by changing pads and such, but a tight helmet is tough to make roomier. So find a shop that sells the brand your intrested in and try them out. And remember you don't have an $80.00 head so do'nt buy an $80.00 helmet.

Last edited:
I agree with you about buying the helmet on line unless you have previously tried that brand. You also might want to ask about how old they are, but if you are buying a new style lid it is most likely only months old.
ken

I have never been one for a helmet but my father inlaw didnt like seeing me ride in houston without one so I get home one day and he had bought me a fulmer p1 3/4 helmet it fit great and didnt catch the air as bad as half helmets i had tryed but it had this full length face shild that just looked dumb so i wouldnt wear it then i found a crome half face shield replacement so i bought it and gave it a try the first time i rode with it a truck kick up a 1/2 dollar sized rock that hit me right in the face shield and i thought hey that was a lot nicer then the many times i have takin that kind of stuff to the face. So think from now on I might just put the thing on my head.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey here's my 2 cents on helmets I hate em. But I have young kids that want thier dad to wear a helmet, and yet I usually don't unless I know I'm going to be screwing around, or going on a long trip. Couple of tips though, don't buy a helmet online unless you have tried that brand on for your size. They vary greatly by brand, let alone style. Scorpion helmets run much small then say Shoei ones. Also to a point you can make a big helmet smaller by changing pads and such, but a tight helmet is tough to make roomier. So find a shop that sells the brand your intrested in and try them out. And remember you don't have an $80.00 head so do'nt buy an $80.00 helmet.

Bought a Daytona half helmet on line and was very pleased with the fit (and the price). Decided to order another with some graphics. Even thought I ordered the same type from the same manufacturer, my new helmet fits, but slightly different than my first one!

Back