free website stats program Helmets | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmets

nolafishr

Does anyone know the Life Span of a Helmet? I heard it was 2-3 Years and if it gets Damaged you should replace it. What do you do with the used Helmet?
Do they recycle them? Does anyone know more on this?

Very interesting for sure. I always use a helmet, but I did find that I went from a large to a medium size of all things few years back. I guess my ego is small, thus the smaller size head! :D (Be nice!) Been using the full face only because it's been like real cold these mornings going to work.
Ugly John

Nothing to be sorry about, full face is warmer and maximizes your protection...3/4 and 1/2 offer the corresponding less coverage/protection. Some Euro helmet rating systems offer softer impact absorbing design than Snell and yet meet DOT minimum protection standards typically required in most States. Ride Safe and Ride Often!

When I used to race full face helmets were mandatory,I would go through tech. with my full face then put my bucket on to race. I am claustrophobic to the point that I hyperventilate in a full face helmet

Thats okay Steve, above all select a helmet you can live with...because it is the only thing between you and the tarmac and HDT believes in self preservation first, so you CAN do some "READING AFTER RIDING"...

I hate helmets, but use a modular flip up style now.I saw the study about head injuries and when 25% of the time you land on your chin there is no reason not to wear a full face or modular.

Back