Helmet with rearview

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Harley38, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Harley38

Harley38 Active Member

I found this very interesting. A full face motorcycle helmet with rearview technology. It looks to be very cool and has an adjustable front optic.

Here is the link for you to view.

Reevu motorbike helmets. Reevu - the world's first rear view helmet

Anyone else seen them yet?

2. dangerdan

dangerdan Junior Member

I'm not sure if I like this. There are enough distractions on the road. For me its like watching a video while driving. There were a few quit interested in this but its not for me.

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

I tend to think along the same lines as DangerDan.

4. deadweight

deadweight Member

I see this helmet causing accidents.

5. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

With all the electric gizmodry that already takes away our attention from concentration and focus while riding to we really need one more so we can see where we were before we go off the road????????:newsmile055:

6. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

Nothing beats a look over the shoulder. It just ain't for me.

7. krtracr

krtracr Member

Gotta agree with the majority. It is hard enough to keep my concentration on what is going on in front of me.

Besides, sometimes I don't want to know what is happening behind me.

8. 70_West

70_West Member

The habit of looking over my shoulder is so ingrained in me, I'd probably fall off the bike if I got disoriented by a video. I can't even change lanes in a cage anymore without a quick look around.

I'd imagine that it would be of interest to sport bike riders though.

9. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Got to agree with the majority. There is enough stuff going on in traffic to keep you busy, let alone have a visionary distraction of a built in rearview. Not for me.

10. Harley38

Harley38 Active Member

That would be the interesting part of that helmet, how large is the "rear view screen"? Like a lot of the majority have said, it would create an added distraction.

What if something happened in the rear view that may not be an immediate threat, but caught your eye and created a distraction.........could open a big ole' can of worms.

Thanks for the comments.