free website stats program Helmet Visor Water Repellent | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet Visor Water Repellent

franka

I live in the Pacific NW and sometimes forced to ride in the rain. I've heard numerous times not to use RainX on my visor so the question is,"what to use"? How about Nikwax? I also just watched a YouTube video where they covered the visor with toothpaste then rinsed it off, applied water and it rolled off. Has anyone done this?
Curious to know what others are doing to clear water off their visors?

I have a set of rain gloves with a "wiper blade" on each thumb. I also use aircraft canopy cleaner/polish. If works very well. The stuff is Mil Spec.

Washing shield with a bar of soap gives good short term water dissipation. Ivory works better than the deodorant kinds. Maybe stop by a BMW motorcycle shop. BMW riders are supposed to ride in all kinds of weather, maybe they have a secret product?

I think toothpaste is not such a good idea because of the abrasives it contains. I hate riding in the rain but it has happened, I keep a microfiber cloth in my jacket pocket and wipe the moisture away.

It has been known to rain here from time to time ok it rains a lot i just wipe my visor with the side of my index finger and hand with thumb tucked in
i just drag my hand across the visor with the end of the finger at about a 30* angle so that the water is pushed away and down at the same time
That way has worked for me for many years
If any fancy films are applied they wouldnt last very long as it is a harsh environment being just in front of my face wind grit dead flies etc would soon mess it all up

Brian

Plexus works great, on plastics, chrome, and paint. We used it on our F-4 Phantom jet canopys' every day. Works great in rain and cloud moisture rolls off when flying.

Back