free website stats program Helmet replacement | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet replacement

I checked all the Helmet related posts and whatever opinion one holds make for interesting reading and I do agree with those holding the view that we should have the Freedom to choose in that as in all things.
I wear a modular helmet (Airoh Mathisse) which is comfortable and fairly quiet for a modular helmet, but as soon as I get over 60 odd mph. it feels as if the passing air is trying to pull it off my head.
It's difficult to test a lid when buying other than to see if it fits at rest.
I want to stick with a modular but I'd like one with better aerodynamic qualities, particularly at motorway speed.
Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

One other thing pertaining to the original spirit of the thread; I noticed in my faray into the Google world that there are folks who do helmet refurbishment and I THINK I saw on Bell's site that they will tune up a helmet, for a fee, of course. Fix paint, pads, etc. If it is too degraded I THINK (once again) they will give credit on a new one. They used to have a trade-in program but apparently lost their butts on that one. Another tidbit; I was wandering aimlessly in the ethernet and came across my former employer, Craig Vetter's web site. Just his name all run together with a .com at the end. If anyone has heard of Vetter fairings or need parts for one, check it out or pass it on. He is still alive and very well and active. If nothing else, take a look at all he has dreamed up for motorcycles in the past. The guy's an aerodynamic genius! Our Brit brothers would be interested in all he has done with Triumph (motorcycles) and Rickman. One HELL of a guy, I mean it.

Holy cow, another motorhead who remembers Craig Vetter, inventor/creator of the fairing/cafe racer aftermarker industry for the novice DIYer motorcycle customizer who did not have a huge workshop but wanted body work for his cafe racer or touring bike. I was waxing nostalgia on a similar thread and came across this one...hence the lava lamp smiley :newsmile022:

Back