free website stats program Helmet Poll, Do you wear one? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet Poll, Do you wear one?

Do you wear a Helmet?

• Yes, because the law says I have to.

Votes: 33 14.7%
  • Yes, I am more comfortable riding with a helmet even if the law doesn't require it.

Votes: 128 57.1%
  • Sometimes, even though I live where it's not required where I ride.

Votes: 31 13.8%
  • No, I prefer to ride without, and where I live their is no requirement.

Votes: 32 14.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I always wear a full-face helmet, even when moving the bikes around in the driveway. All the gear-all the time.

Helmets are not required in Florida, personally I would not ride to 7-11 to pick up a loaf of bread without one, and not just a skid lid.

I wear a DOT approved 1/2 helmet, my wife wears a DOT approved 3/4 helmet, I like not having my ears covered so I can hear traffic around me.

I have plenty of friends that refuse wear helmets, that is their preference, I don't understand it, I also don't try to covert them. They are big boys and can make up their own minds.

Just my opinion.

I wear a beanie in the states that have mandatory laws, here in Florida the helmet law got repealed 2 years after I moved here, this was a good thing IMO giving riders a choice

I am also a believer of choice...! Why I wear one is not so much about ME as it is about my family and friends. That is my primary concern and the reason why safety equipment goes hand in hand with mechanical and skill proficiency to proactively prepare us from that random event called an ACCIDENT.

True, in the past I taught motorcycle safety and believe in the helmet design to minimize personal injury is a good thing. I wear one ALWAYS even if it is mandated by California state law and the choice is a personal one. Good riding to all and work on those things that will help continue to contribute to that experience.:s

Maybe just a tad off topic....but close. Down chonder here in Texas and even moreso out west, we are cooking at 100+ temps with high humidity. And this isnt a smart alec question.

How can you handle the heat with a FF on? I bandana my head (sunburn) and dump water as often as I can.....I cant imagine a ff on. Am I missing something?

Maybe just a tad off topic....but close. Down chonder here in Texas and even moreso out west, we are cooking at 100+ temps with high humidity. And this isnt a smart alec question.

How can you handle the heat with a FF on? I bandana my head (sunburn) and dump water as often as I can.....I cant imagine a ff on. Am I missing something?

My son wears a ff all the time even in temps over 100. He showed me some of the technology in his helmets where they force air under the helmet and send it over his scalp crating a cooling effect.

Myself I wear a helmet where it is required by law. Everywhere else the bucket comes off.

I normally don't wear one unless on a trip. I wear a 1/2 helmet, Carbon Fiber that is DOT. When crossing state lines I don't have to worry what state has the law or not.
Mainly though it keeps my WIFE less worrisome for me.
tourbox

Back