free website stats program Helmet Poll, Do you wear one? | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet Poll, Do you wear one?

Do you wear a Helmet?

• Yes, because the law says I have to.

Votes: 33 14.7%
  • Yes, I am more comfortable riding with a helmet even if the law doesn't require it.

Votes: 128 57.1%
  • Sometimes, even though I live where it's not required where I ride.

Votes: 31 13.8%
  • No, I prefer to ride without, and where I live their is no requirement.

Votes: 32 14.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
In the UK it is compulsory to wear a helmet unless you are a Sikh wearing a turban (it's true, stupid law but true). All I can say is that even if it was optional, I personally would always wear one - mine saved my head from being damaged on the road last weekend. Rather have a scratch on the hood than lots of blood.

I always wear a full face helmet with the visor down on the interstate or turnpike because of the higher speed even though it's not required here in Florida. Sometimes I wear my non d.o.t beanie helmet if it's just in town, then sometimes I wear no helmet at all if it's just a short trip in my general neighborhood. I do like the feeling of not having the extra weight of a helmet, it's somehow liberating, but am mostly concerned about getting hit in the head with high speed airborne debris on the highway. I nailed a pretty big bird once at 70mph on the fl turnpike in my truck, (some kind of vulture) would have taken me out for sure on my bike if I had no helmet. (Maybe even with a helmet).

Pa. has freedom of choice. Problem is I have not found a good enough reason not to where a helmet all the time............

Here in Louisiana helmets are mandatory. Just went to Panama City Beach bike week and I gotta say it was nice riding up and down the beach road without a helmet especially with this heat. But on the HWY. I would still where one. I don't like a full face so I where a half helmet and sometimes I break out my old 3/4 helmet that I've had since I was 16 yrs old. Bubble shield and all.
WAP.gif

I feel like the person that drinks diet Coke with their Snickers candy bar when I ride with my full face modular and T shirt......

I feel like the person that drinks diet Coke with their Snickers candy bar when I ride with my full face modular and T shirt......

Good One Flipper!

This poll has gone a completely different direction than I predicted. I'm very surprised!

I would encourage the forum members to continue to do what feels right for themselves.

Thank You all for participating in this Poll!

Ferrous

My melon's always protected, when I venture out on 2-wheels. Been wearing a FF lid 100% since 1988 & on/off before then when I was a young/indestructible rider in MN.

Back