free website stats program Helmet has a bad name | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet has a bad name

I always wear one when I go out riding. It's the law in California, the state with more rules than people. Did you see the commercial on the Superbowl today where the EnviroNazis are arresting people for using plastic bags, styrofoam cups, etc. Well, that ain't far off here in LALA land.

I hate to admit it but sometimes when pulling my bike into the garage, I'll make a slight detour to the end of the street W/O my helmet on and it sure feels great! Just don't tell the HelmetNazis. The FoodNazis are already after me for eating a Big Mac the other day!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Larry if everybody was like you in California I would move back, EnviroNazis, HelmetNazis or FoodNazis couldn't keep me away:)

I think with some it more of an image thing but for me,my first helmet was a leather football helmet my father made me wear back in the 60's.

Been wearing one every since...hot or cold...

Jerry

I just have never found one that is comfortable. I do wear a half in the summer, non dot, and a full face in winter for warmth because it is law here.

Habit and it's law. I ride snow machines, dirt bikes, quads and the like and always wear full protection. Other than some hot and humid summer days, I don't really notice.

I wear on ein Michigan because it is the law. If it were dropped I would still wear one while riding in traffic on a daily basis.

However, if I could not wear one, I would keep it off as much as possible for the freedom, the comfort, and there is nothing like the feeling of the wind rushing over the top of your head. Just my humble two cents

SportyHawg - Yep, helmet hair. That's only a problem for us guys that are still lucky enough to have hair.

I can't wear a hat in the office at work so when I ride the bike to work everyone knows. I pretty much resemble Alfalfa!

the wind, the freedom, the sound--i prefer no helmet. if i should die b4 i wake, my loved ones will no i lived and died smiling.

I look at it this way...

It's better to walk away in disgust, than to ride away in an ambulance.

Besides, they won't let you on the track without one.

Back