free website stats program Helmet Fresh | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet Fresh

Gas Gauge

O.K., its getting in the '90's everyday here (Houston) and high humidity. I just bought a new helmet and don't want it getting funky.

I have used Helmet Fresh before but it runs $4.95 (plus tax and shipping) for a 4oz. spray bottle. I have heard that (new) Febreeze Sport is the best available today for bacteria and sweat odor, but I can't find it at any store around me (Walmart, Target, Academy, etc.).

What do you guys use to keep your helmet smelling fresh? Has anyone used this new Febreeze product (where did you get it).

I haven't seen the new Fabreeze product, but the instructors at my MSF class used regular Fabreeze in the loaner helmets.

I tend to wear a do-rag under my helmet to help keep things "fresh", and the Helmet Fresh when needed.

I use Febreze (Auto) in my helmets and since it doesn't have a washable liner, I wear a clean do-rag.

Haven't heard of the Febreze Sport till your post but will look for it.
:USA

I have used a DIY alternative for years: Baking Soda, Water, Lemon, Spray Bottle.

"Baking soda is a natural air freshener and deodorizer. It actually absorbs and neutralizes unpleasant odors, rather than just covering them up like many commercial air fresheners and deodorizers".

Recipe click HERE

Spay the interior of the helmet until slightly damp, allow to dry.
If it's wet from sweat after a warm ride or rain dry it out with paper towel first.

awsome, thanks Freebee

Lemon and Baking Soda Air Freshener

Let 1 teaspoon of baking soda dissolve in 2 cups of hot water. Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle that produces a fine mist. When you spray the mixture into the air, the baking soda will neutralize the odors, while the lemon juice will leave behind a nice, clean scent.

Get a can of that stuff they spray in the shoes at the bowling alley. It'll kill anything.

Of course your hair may fall out.

Back