free website stats program Helmet exemption | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet exemption

geezer

Contributor
For medical reasons I have a permanent exemption card from the province of Manitoba that says I don't have to wear a helmet even though it's the law here. I was wondering if it would be honored in other provinces or states where it's also the law? Does anyone know or where I could find out? I figured this would be the best place to find the info. Thanks Geezer.

What would happen is that you would get a ticket and have to go to court to prove your medical condition. The cops really don't care.

Geezer here's a site with lots of info, maybe some contact info if you look.
No matter what you'll be pulled by every man that you pass and a few that you don't, it will take you a hour to travel 10 min. If nothing else shave you head, paint it black with a DOT sticker on the back and that will probably get you past half to two thirds of them, I've been wanting to get a DOT sticker tattoo on the back of my head just in case I ever have to go thru any of the helmet states. Stay in the states without helmet laws and you'll be fine:)

50 State Helmet Law Review

$50 fine in NE, but I'm sure you'd win the case in court w/med evidence. Probably not worth the fight (court cost > fine) so maybe avoid our state, or take Chopper's route (too funny)...

Geezer here's a site with lots of info, maybe some contact info if you look.
No matter what you'll be pulled by every man that you pass and a few that you don't, it will take you a hour to travel 10 min. If nothing else shave you head, paint it black with a DOT sticker on the back and that will probably get you past half to two thirds of them, I've been wanting to get a DOT sticker tattoo on the back of my head just in case I ever have to go thru any of the helmet states. Stay in the states without helmet laws and you'll be fine:)

50 State Helmet Law Review

Some states say you must have a reflector on your helmet as well, so you need a sticker on your head too Chopper:rofl

Wow, Chopper, Hobbit and Maine-e-Axe in the same room...I like the team approach to Choppers' proposed haircut design, do you think this startup company has a chance and can go public? Maybe Redkin or Vidal can work it up? :newsmile047:

My question is Geezer, how did you get a variance, was it medical or physically related (do you have a neck, head or spinal injury)?

My question is Geezer, how did you get a variance, was it medical or physically related (do you have a neck, head or spinal injury)?

My exemption is because of my migraine headaches which get worse from wearing a helmet. Thanks for the link Chopper. Your idea would be great because I have a lot of face to wash and it wouldn't take much to get rid of the last little bit! Just need the DOT sticker and a reflector now.

I was told when I took my riding class that in Mo the helmet law is a secondary law like the states seatbelt law meaning you can't get ticketed just for not wearing a lid; but if you get pulled over for another issue, then they can ticket you for no helmet. I have not been able to find documentation on the matter.

Being in Canada, is there big variations in Helmet laws there? Maybe Steve07 know this one.

Being in Canada, is there big variations in Helmet laws there? Maybe Steve07 know this one.
As far as I know, helmets are mandatory in all 10 provinces. That's why I was wondering if my card was good anywhere else. I very seldom get stopped in Manitoba.

Back