free website stats program Helmet Chin Strap Replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet Chin Strap Replacement

cmvsm

I have a Harley half helmet, and looked to trim up the chin strap, as it was too long with the snap. Well, cut it too short, and now have a hard time fastening the thing all together. I can't really see how the chin strap comes out of the helmet. Is this a replaceable part or am I looking at another helmet?

Thanks Smitty. That helped out a lot. I'll order one. By the way, do you know how it clamps on to the strap itself and the D-ring side? I'm assuming that the D-ring would be completely by-passed, thus giving the strap more length around the chin.

That is a good idea that smitty threw at you. I don't think that any other repair would be legal as far as DOT is concerned.
kemo

I bought the Echo Quick Release Helmet Buckle for $7. I think its essentially the same thing as what you showed. Looks like it will add some length and give me what I was looking for in the first place, which was a strap without the excess length or folded over snap.

Thanks again for the suggestion. i think it will work out and save the helmet

you can get this from any shop that sells helmets, don't think you will save much getting this online. I got one on all my helmets, makes getting them on and off so much easier.

I had the clip on my old half helmet and it worked fine. My new HD half helmet's strap is so long that I never have to unthread it from the D rings. If I loosen it up all the way i can slide my helmet off and on without completely unhooking through the D rings. Slick and quick.

Back