free website stats program Helmet advice | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet advice

I just got HJC moduler helmet and my glasses fit under, also have a couple of 1/2 helmets that glasses fit. You will have to try on with the glasses, Sizes will verry between brands and style so I recomend trying the fit.

The main difference of purchasing a helmet on line versus local supplier is the recommendation when trying a helmet is to wear in store for at least 15 minutes so you can really tell it fits properly and no severe pressure points.

I bought a full face helmet (my first one) a year ago. I have no trouble putting my glasses on. You need to try on several sizes/brands/models. Some of the nicer brands have replaceable padding so that you can tailor the helmet to your head/face.
Shoei FR-1000

ShoeiFR-100001.jpg

I always grab the bottom of each side of the helmet and pull tension outwards when sliding it on. Makes it easier on my ears and my glasses. I have friends that put their glasses on after the helmet, I never could get that to work for me.
Yep,that used to work.My current frames are of the type with small spring-loaded arms and no frame support for the bottom half of each lens.

If i dont put my glasses on "just so",i run the risk of not only popping out a lens,but also of not sitting right and EVERY spectacle wearer knows exactly how that feels.

The price of fashion, i guess.And $700.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with all the comments. I have all of the above, but prefer my modular full face the best. I wear it usually with prescription glasses (sun and regular). It is the Harley, stealth helmet, made by HJC. good helmet for the price, but no way I would say it is the best.

Try some on and for for what you like. I would go with one with the extra sun shade in it. With 3 helmets in the garage I am not quite ready to buy another one, but the plan is to go with one of those for the next one.

I tried on a full face helmet the other day and could not get my glasses to fit right. Am looking for a 1/2 or 3/4 that fits ok with glasses.
What do you recommend that I look into. maybe a Drop Down Shield.

I found a great Drop Down Shield looking for a match for my Black Denim FatBob. Scorpion Sports makes a half helmet with optional 3/4 padding and the shields are available in different shades. Fits great with all my glasses. Here is the link:

EXO-100 Series / Solid 100

I've got a 'police style' half helmet with a removeable padded leather 'skirt'. It's pretty good, but last year I bought this Nolan with integrated visor (black w/white stripe)
Nolan N30 Motorcycle Helmets

It's a well-fitting, lightweight helmet, and I love the visor limiting wind noise while maintaining exellent vision. A full-face does not do it for me, as it restricts side vision - more than half my riding is done in city/congested traffic, and side-vision is what keeps me alive...

I have the flip open front face H-D helmet. Easy on the glasses.
Thinking about getting a half like they used to wear on "CHiPS". (half with head gear that v's around ears).
Have a winshield so not worried about glasses with the half helmet.

I have Sparx & Scorpion FF helmets - both fit eyeglasses well. One thing that helps is having "wrap-around" frames b/c they fit better w/FF helmet padding. If your glasses are "squared" at the corners - they'll be a tad snug. I try to get certain frames that I know will fit under helmets.

Ice brought up a very good point...you may have to "straighten" the eyeglass frame tips around the ears so the hook is not so severe...that way it will slip between the padding and ears on full face helmet. Had to do that on all my eyeglasses and why I use metal ones with earpiece bent around 35* or so.:)

Back