free website stats program Hells Bells Helmets-Ripoff Report | Harley Davidson Forums

Hells Bells Helmets-Ripoff Report

ThunderRogue

A few years back we had the misfortune of dealing with this company. Recently, while surfing the web I ran across their website again and since it stirred up some bad feelings I still harbor for them, I thought I'd share my experience. The following is a copy of my report on Ripoff Reports website:

"Hells Bells Custom Helmets Website depicts a helmet that is unique to the industry. They claim each helmet is custom made right there and they are the smallest and lightest DOT helmets in the industry.
We ordered 2 helmets after being reassured over the phone they were custom made in their factory and indeed very unique. When we received the helmets we were shocked to discover they were a Daytona Hawk brand. These helmets do not match the photo of the "Carbon Trooper" we expected. I was later told the website did not display a photo but instead an "artists rendering".
We looked at Daytona Hawk helmets when we were shopping for helmets and decided we didn't like them before we found Hells Bells website. We could have purchased Daytona Hawk helmets locally for $109.00 ea. We paid $149.99 each plus shipping & handling from Hells Bells. They refuse to take them back and refund our money."

Basically, they took a Daytona Hawk helmet and affixed their tag to it. I looked under the liner and found Daytona's sticker in the helmet! Please do not trust these people, they are misleading the public. They don't "manufacture" helmets as they say. All they do is use someone else's and apply paint, or 3d sculptures. I saw one ad for a "hammered surface" helmet. Nobody is hammering a texture on a helmet, it would destroy it!

Thanks for the heads up, what they are doing sounds illegal. I wonder if Daytona is aware of this?

Sounds a bit similar to a Co. some years ago that was making "carbon fiber" helmets that were DOT approved. They were in Orlando and cant come up with the name at the moment. Turns out that they weren't even in the neighborhood of DOR approved and carbon fiber may have been a stretch....

A few years back we had the misfortune of dealing with this company. Recently, while surfing the web I ran across their website again and since it stirred up some bad feelings I still harbor for them, I thought I'd share my experience. The following is a copy of my report on Ripoff Reports website:

"Hells Bells Custom Helmets Website depicts a helmet that is unique to the industry. They claim each helmet is custom made right there and they are the smallest and lightest DOT helmets in the industry.
We ordered 2 helmets after being reassured over the phone they were custom made in their factory and indeed very unique. When we received the helmets we were shocked to discover they were a Daytona Hawk brand. These helmets do not match the photo of the "Carbon Trooper" we expected. I was later told the website did not display a photo but instead an "artists rendering".
We looked at Daytona Hawk helmets when we were shopping for helmets and decided we didn't like them before we found Hells Bells website. We could have purchased Daytona Hawk helmets locally for $109.00 ea. We paid $149.99 each plus shipping & handling from Hells Bells. They refuse to take them back and refund our money."

Basically, they took a Daytona Hawk helmet and affixed their tag to it. I looked under the liner and found Daytona's sticker in the helmet! Please do not trust these people, they are misleading the public. They don't "manufacture" helmets as they say. All they do is use someone else's and apply paint, or 3d sculptures. I saw one ad for a "hammered surface" helmet. Nobody is hammering a texture on a helmet, it would destroy it!

If I may suggest in the future only use a credit card when purchasing online, that way you can refuse payment to the vendor. Most major CC's have this option. Thanks for the heads up!

Back