free website stats program Hello | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hello

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. :)

I have been fortunate enough to visit your country for the last 3 summers. We stay in Lanark, and I love it there, mainly because so much of that area reminds me of my home state of West Virginia. Particularly a remote area on the eastern side of the state where I used to spend a lot of time riding and racing mountain bikes. :) Unfortunately, since we are on somewhat of 'working' vacation, we are limited as to our time to venture out to other areas that I want to see. I keep working the husband to allow us to add a week to our visit before or after our expected time to be there in order to visit other parts of the country. I think my preference would be one year to take a week and go up to the Isle of Skye, then take a few days down the west coast to Aran, and work our way back over to Lanark. ;)

But, enough about me...I hope that you enjoy your time in the states as I do experiencing your country. However, I am still amazed when I am in Scotland just at the age difference. The place we stay in was built from 1272-1296....That is 500 years older than our country itself. Then one day just driving around...we came across a church and the cornerstone with the year it was built was 1031. WOW...just so cool and amazing. ;)

Thank you all......and I have visited all of those states ( including Banff!! )!!.....will I make the other 20 and then that;s them ALL done !

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. :)

I have been fortunate enough to visit your country for the last 3 summers. We stay in Lanark, and I love it there, mainly because so much of that area reminds me of my home state of West Virginia. Particularly a remote area on the eastern side of the state where I used to spend a lot of time riding and racing mountain bikes. :) Unfortunately, since we are on somewhat of 'working' vacation, we are limited as to our time to venture out to other areas that I want to see. I keep working the husband to allow us to add a week to our visit before or after our expected time to be there in order to visit other parts of the country. I think my preference would be one year to take a week and go up to the Isle of Skye, then take a few days down the west coast to Aran, and work our way back over to Lanark. ;)

But, enough about me...I hope that you enjoy your time in the states as I do experiencing your country. However, I am still amazed when I am in Scotland just at the age difference. The place we stay in was built from 1272-1296....That is 500 years older than our country itself. Then one day just driving around...we came across a church and the cornerstone with the year it was built was 1031. WOW...just so cool and amazing. ;)

Joyflyin....Get yourself up to the Highlands ....I stay on the shore of Loch Ness which you go past on the way to the Isle of Skye !!! Amazing place and a good road to ride !
Thanks again
Mark

Thank you all......and I have visited all of those states ( including Banff!! )!!.....will I make the other 20 and then that;s them ALL done !

Joyflyin....Get yourself up to the Highlands ....I stay on the shore of Loch Ness which you go past on the way to the Isle of Skye !!! Amazing place and a good road to ride !
Thanks again
Mark

Hopefully this year! We visited Loch Lomond a couple of years ago while attending the Highland games, was a great day! I was tired and decided that the boat tour would be a good way to rest...one of my best and brightest ideas of all time! The group I was with was very impressed with the tour, as was I. We will probably stop by Loch Ness if we get to make the trip since we would be so close!

I am hoping to do at least a couple of days at the Isle of Skye this year, but it's been hard to convince the hubby to do a lot of the things on our list due to his limited mobility. However, we are very hopeful that his new ankle joint will give him some of that mobility back and he will be able to walk easier on uneven ground...and for the most part, just walk!

Part of the reason we are limited to what we can do, is the reason we are there. We are brought over by a fellow who owns property near Lanark, and he likes to fly in hot air balloons. He bought a couple of balloons that we leave on site and we go over and perform the inspections on them, and fly the owner and his guests while we are there. Since the weather there changes so quickly, we can't really take of for 2 or 3 days. We manage a few day trips to Edinburgh & Glasgow on each trip so far. ;)

Back